We are sensitive to the rising cost of medical care and attempt to keep our fees as low as possible while at the same time provide quality care to our patients. An itemized bill will be given to you for services rendered at the time of treatment.
For all managed care patients on plans which we are preferred providers, your co-payment and/or deductible amount is to be paid at the time of service. Our office will file your insurance for you. If after your insurance has paid there is a co-insurance amount owed by you, payment is due within 30 days.
The parent/guardian or patient is responsible for payment of all fees. Please provide our office with your insurance card at the time of service. If you are not able to provide us with proof of coverage, full payment of your visit will be necessary at the time service is rendered. Please discuss any financial problems with us to avoid any misunderstandings or call our billing office at 770-442-1050.
Divorce, Separation, and Custody Agreement
We understand that issues related to divorce are very difficult for the entire family. However, we will not be party to custodial, separation or financial disputes relating to individuals with regard to minor children to whom services are provided. All co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles will be collected at the time of service from the individual accompanying the child at the visit. Both parents have access to the minor child’s medical records unless we are provided with a copy of a court order that mandates otherwise. We maintain that divorce, separation, and custody agreements should not enter into the medical care of your child; such matters should remain between the parents.
Accepted Forms of Payment and Insurance
For your convenience, we accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
We are a participating provider with:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pathway X
- Choice Care PPO
- Great West
- Harken Health
- Humana National Preferred Health Plan
- Lifewell Multiplan
- Piedmont/Wellstar My Health 360 (tier 2 providers)
- Preferred Plan PPO
- United Healthcare/Compass
- Kaiser POS (Multiplan network only)
We are working on becoming a participating provider with many of our community’s most popular health plans. Please check this page often for updates. Unfortunately, we are not able to see patients covered by an insurance plan in which we are not participating providers, as services such as prescriptions, lab orders, and referrals may not be recognized as valid or covered by the plan.
REMEMBER: Not all insurance plans are the same. Lower cost plans usually have higher co-pays and deductibles. North Fulton Pediatrics does not have information about your personal insurance coverage. We can only verify your child’s benefits if we have your insurance contract number, subscriber’s name and birth date.
- Bring your insurance card every time you come in!
- Understand your insurance coverage – What is your CO-PAY? What is your DEDUCTIBLE? What visits are covered?
- Understand your PHARMACY benefits – Do you need 30 day or 90 day prescriptions? Should you have generic or brand names? What pharmacies can you use?
- Understand your plan’s REFERRAL requirements – Do you need referrals to see specialists? Do you need referral for emergency care? Which doctors and hospitals can you use?
- Questions, Problems and Concerns about your Insurance? Contact your employer’s Human Resource office or your insurance plan’s Customer Relations office.