Helpful resources are just a click away
American Academy of Pediatrics – Healthy Children
- Healthy Children
- Excellent online resource for parents, and a favorite of our providers! Includes trusted up-to-date pediatric articles to medical questions and parenting concerns.
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention- CDC
For information on a variety of health issues, including travelers’ health, vaccine information, and safety tips.
- Vaccine Information Statements
To locate and read about each individual childhood vaccine.
- Travelers’ Health
Helpful information you should know when traveling out of the country.
- Vaccine Information Statements in Every Language (from the CDC)
An updated list of vaccines currently available.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration – FDA
- USDA Food Pyramid Information
You can view the Food Pyramid and learn more about diet suggestions.
- Car Seat Guildelines for 2017
All infants and children should be secured in a child restraint appropriate for their age and size. Consult healthchildren.org guideline before you buy your next car seat.
- International Hip Dysplasia – Hip healthy Swaddling
Improper swaddling may lead to hip dysplasia or developmental dysplasia of the hip. When in the womb the baby’s lets are in a fetal position with the legs bent up and across each other. Sudden straightening of the legs to a standing position can loosen the joints and damage the soft cartilage of the socket. Click on this link to read more.
- MotherToBaby- Breastfeeding and Prescription Medication – Fact Sheets
The experts behind MotherToBaby have created fact sheets that answer frequently asked questions about exposures during pregnancy and breastfeeding. MotherToBaby Fact Sheets are available in both English and Spanish and can be downloaded for free. Currently available fact sheets are listed below by category of exposure. All medications are listed by generic name. The generic name can be found on your prescription or medication packaging listed as the Active Ingredient, or in parentheses after the medication’s brand name.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Common conditions of childhood with answers to assist parents with questions about their child’s development.
- Pediatric Imaging at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta To help answer any questions you might have about radiological exams and procedures for your children.
- The Mayo Clinic General medical information from one of the premier medical institutions in the U.S.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry For up-to-date information on pediatric dentistry issues.
- Bright Futures To investigate a variety of behavioral and developmental issues relating to all age groups of children; presented in part by Georgetown University.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – CHADD A resource for parents regarding ADHD.
- Northside Hospital Maternity and Educational Classes